Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose Jan Secor School of Real Estate?
Our only Mission is to help you obtain your North Carolina Real Estate License, with the finest local instructors available in North Carolina. Our school is locally owned and managed, with limited class sizes so we can give each student personal guidance and attention. We pride ourselves on our ability to retain long-term and profitable relationships with our students throughout their real estate careers.
How do I obtain my North Carolina Real Estate Broker’s License?
The following steps are required to obtain a North Carolina Real Estate Broker’s License
- Attend a North Carolina Real Estate Commission approved Real Estate School 75 hour Broker Course.
- Pass the School exam
- Complete the North Carolina Real Estate Commission online application, which does include a required background check
- After The North Carolina Real Estate Commission approves your application, apply and schedule to take the North Carolina Real Estate Licensing exam. These are scheduled on a daily basis at local locations.
- After passing the North Carolina Real Estate Licensing exam, you will receive your Real Estate License.
- After receiving your North Carolina Real Estate License, you must go to work for a North Carolina Real Estate firm in order to activate and use your license.
What if I have an active real estate license in another state and want to obtain a North Carolina License?
Most states do not honor out of state reciprocity any longer. Typically, you will have to take the North Carolina portion only of the State Exam. For further information, contact the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
How much are the classes that are offered?
Pre-License: $479 (includes textbook)
Post-License: $279 (additional $50, if book is needed)
Continuing Education(CE): $65 ($120 for 2 classes if you pay in advance)
What classes does Jan Secor School of Real Estate offer?
We offer all of the North Carolina Real Estate Commission required courses, which include the following:
- Pre license Broker Course
- Post License Broker Courses
- Continuing Education and Update Courses
What is the attendance policy for each course?
Per the Real Estate Commission you may miss the following number of hours per course:
Pre-License: Up to 15 hours total.
Post-License: Up to 3 hours total.
Continuing Education: Up to 24 minutes.
*Failure to meet hour requirements will result in being dropped from the course*
What is the latest I can register for my class?
Please reserve your seat at least 1 week ahead of time. If seats are still available we accept registrations the first day of class.
How do I prepare for my first class?
- Obtain your text one week before class begins and read the first five chapters
- Bring pencils, calculator, text and notepads to class
- Cell phone use is not allowed during class hours.
What should I do in case of inclement weather?
In the event of inclement weather, please follow the Guilford County School schedule for cancellations and delays.